Presented at Giovanni Michelotti’s stand during the 1974 Geneva Motor Show, this original two-seater compact city car – with a name evocative of the lunar lander module, but which in fact stands for “Laboratorio Elettrico Mobile” (mobile electrical laboratory) – was the product of two years’ work of one the greatest automotive journalists of our time, who passed away four years ago. This was Gianni Rogliatti (1929-2012), an engineer from Turin, one of the most authoritative experts of Ferrari history and the author of countless books and articles on automobile history and technology.
The bodywork was by one of Italy’s greatest car designers Giovanni Michelotti (1921-1980), and his handiwork is clearly recognisable in the compact, functional and elegant forms of the car and in a number of truly brilliant details.
Courtesy of Adriana and Chiara Rogliatti
Motor: 4 pole, 24 V direct current
Power: 4 BHP at 50 A
Batteries: 4 x Marelli 12 V 150 Ah
Total vehicle weight: 510 Kg