Exactly this model on display, a Type 3 Peugeot 1892, chassis n. 25, Daimler engine n. 124, is a milestone in the history of the Italyn automobile: it is the first car to circulate in Italy. It was ordered, on August 30ieth 1892, by Gaetano Rossi, owner of the most important fabric industry in Italy, when back from one of his journeys from Paris. The car came to Piovene Rocchette on January 2 1893 and was employed for several years until it was sold to Guido Lazzari, a young heir of a rich family. After some adventures it came to the Museum. In spring 2007 the car has been delivered to Peugeot Automobili Italy for a careful restoration and a close examination of its first years through the archives and the documents of Peugeot itself.
Engine: rear, V2
Capacity: 565 cc
Max. power output: 2 bhp at 1000 rpm
Max. speed: 35 km/h
Weight: 500 kg